Based in Stuttgart, Germany
Steam Early Access: September 17th 2014
|Mobile App USD||$6.99|
|Mobile App EUR||€5.99|
Cosmonautica is a fresh take on space trading in a procedurally generated universe, paired with quirky humor for your intergalactic enjoyment. Cast off! Are you ready for some hilarious adventures in outer space? Start by boarding a washed-up space cruiser and fulfill your destiny as an aspiring captain on the hunt for fame and fortune. Cosmonautica combines elements of space trading and crew simulation to create a unique experience. Only if you take good care of your crew you will be able to succeed. Do you have what it takes to become the best trader, smuggler, pirate or even space taxi? It’s your choice!
Cosmonautica had been developed for about 2 years and it is Chasing Carrots second game. After a short and successful Greenlight phase on Steam, Cosmonautica opened for Early Access mid September 2014 and got release followed on July 31st 2015. The Early Access helped a lot in terms of community feedback and playtesting. Shortly after the final release, the mobile versions of Cosmonautica were available, supporting cross-platform save games. Until the beginning of 2016 hotfixes and updates followed for all platforms.
- Simulated Galaxy - Cosmonautica offers a detailed and amusing trading simulation gameplay that challenges you among others with pirate attacks, diverse quests and unique crew members. Explore a dynamic and procedurally generated galaxy. Every game is different!
- Crew Management - Sign up to eight exceptional and lovable crew members to create a ragtag team of the universe’s best and brightest. Take care of your crew and promote them to reach their full potential. Only if they fit together well and are satisfied, you are able to get the optimum out of your space ship.
- Elaborate Trading Simulation - Trade a variety of goods, including some rare and illegal stuff, with fellow space merchants while exploring the solar systems. Explore the galaxy and pursue intergalactic trading over many solar systems - each with it’s own traits.
- Lively Story and World - Meet unique characters while you embark on a campaign to unveil the secret of a container and the mysterious past of your board A.I. N1L. Or just roam freely through the galaxy in sandbox mode.
- One-of-a-Kind Ships - Choose from a range of ship types, equip your vessel with upgradeable rooms and customize your ship's appearance for even more individuality.
- Exciting Space Battles - Command demanding space clashes against enemy ships with crafty maneuvers and tactical actions during encounters. Directly attack or outsmart your enemies by using your hacker’s ability. Or pick the peaceful route and choose diplomacy.
- Cross-Platform Play - Cosmonautica supports cross-platform saved games, which will allow you to play the same game on PC and take it on the go with your tablet or other suited devices.
Release Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "German Developer Award 2014 (Deutscher Entwicklerpreis)" Cosmonautica was awarded as best simulation game 2014 at the German Developer Award - http://deutscher-entwicklerpreis.de/gewinner-2014
- "Winner Havok Project Anarchy Challenge" The Cosomnautica Early Access version for Android won the Project Anarchy mobile challenge, which was judged by Chandana Ekanayake (Eka): Art Director at Uber Entertainment, Robin Hunicke: CEO of Funomena, Phil Tossell: Founder, Game Creator at Nyamyam, Ltd., Anna Kipnis: Senior Gameplay Programmer at Double Fine; Creator of the “Molyjam” game development event, Louise O’Connor: Art Director at Rare, Ltd. and Zak McClendon: Design Director at Harmonix - http://projectanarchy.challengepost.com/
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Chasing Carrots allows for the contents of Cosmonautica to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Cosmonautica is legally & explicitly allowed by Chasing Carrots. This permission can be found in writing at http://chasing-carrots.com/press/sheet.php?p=cosmonautica.
About Chasing Carrots
Chasing Carrots is an independent game development studio based in Stuttgart, Germany. Our recipe is simple: we develop delicious game creations that have a unique look and feel paired with innovative mechanics, for PC, consoles and mobile devices. Created for a wide audience, our ideas spread over different genres, while staying true to the kind of games we love to play ourselves. Other than that, we also offer support for realizing third party projects.
More information on Chasing Carrots, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Project Lead, Game Design, UI/Art
Project Lead, Game Design, Code
3D Artist, Game Design
Art Director, Animation
Game Design, Quests, Writing
UI Artist, Game Design